Monday, September 25, 2006

Where is home to you?


I want to say Welcome to any visiters that come to me from Renny's blog! I posted on RennyBA's Tarella this weekend about my wonderful hiking experience in the mountains of Norway. We have gotten a lot of comments from Renny's regular readers and I have been encouraged to start blogging myself, so here I am.


I am trying to think of a good description for my blog but I'm not yet certain what my central theme will be. I learned from Renny's experience that it is a good idea to have a common theme to post regularly about. I am thinking about making my theme about the experience of moving to another country and living your life with a sort of divided heart and a foot in each land. My home will always be New York, but my home is more and more here as well. It is here that my core family is now, our house, or lives, my school and job and friends. So what is 'home' really? Home is where you're heart is they say, what if your heart is in two places? "Home is where you hang your hat," well I hang my hat up when I am at work too, that doesn't make it home! Oh I seem to be having an Andy Rooney moment here LOL!


I thought today I would post a picture from my other home. Here are the mountains I played in as a child, the Adirondacks in upstate New York. You can't see much of the mountain actually because I am taking the picture while standing on it. Anybody recognise Lake George?

7 comments:

RennyBA said...

Congrats my dear! I'm glad you desided to try on your own and wish you good luck! Take your time, don't stress in find your own path and a way to do it - your way:-)

DeeDee said...

Thank you! I don't always find my path right away, sometimes I stumble around in the woods for a while, but I will get where I am going eventually!

tin-tin said...

hahaha. sorry i can't help but to laugh. you've been bugged by the blog syndrome also. hehehe :)

Bryan Anthony the First said...

congratualtions!

i believe Norway is a nice place.
shame im off to chilly korea not oslo!

anyway have a great day!

woof!

DeeDee said...

I just have to laugh because we don't think of Korea as a 'chilly' place but a warm place compared with Norway :-) But then again there is a lot we don't know about the world. I didn't know too much about norway before I fell in love with a norwegian ;-) Thanks for stopping by!

TorAa said...

Welcome. You really can express how it is to be a little bit of me and me and me. If you know what I mean by that. I'll read your blogs with interest and joy. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Hei Diane,
Sorry for being late to congratulate you on your blog. Looking forward to read more ....